Rathangan , Co. Kildare.
The existing building is a fine example of 1950′s school design and is a Protected Structure. Significant increases in pupil numbers and revised guidelines for the design of schools required the substantial refurbishment and extension of the school. The restricted site area limited development to the north east corner and dictated a two-storey solution for the main extension of 12 classrooms. The existing single-storey buildings were modified to achieve DOES standards by merging existing classrooms. However the character, form and detail of the Protected Structure has been carefully maintained to retain the essence of the original school building.
Completed April 2013