Mahoney Architecture prepared a design for the 1916 Centenary Chapel at Glasnevin Cemetery. The Chapel is located adjacent to a mass grave where military and civilian victims of the 1916 Rising are buried. The Chapel will cater for cremation funeral services. The building features a greta stone colonnade that forms a back drop to the 1916 mass grave and a series of courts which sequence the movement of mourners through the chapel. Mourners initially gather in an open court that leads to the main foyer and from there enter the chapel through a roofed garden. The catafalque is located under a top-lit cylindrical dais around which the mourners are seated for the final ceremony. The building is constructed from stone clad pillars and walls which support a laminated timber beamed roof. Linen is used to diffuse light from glazed sections of the roof to create a muted soft light within the chapel.