Lehaunstown Park is an historic farmhouse site located within the Cherrywood Strategic Development Zone. It is advantageously located half way along the greenway linking Tully and Ticknick Parks and is central to the overall Cherrywood development.
The boundary of the site is formed by 3m high stone wall and contains a number of historic structures including the original farmhouse and stables buildings. Hidden within the core of the house is a 16th century tower house which was adapted and added to over the centuries. The stables were constructed in the mid 1800’s.
The Master Plan explores the potential to redevelop the site to provide a mix of retail , leisure and cultural uses. Centre to the scheme is the stone paved courtyard surrounded by the stables and outbuildings which have been repurposed to provide extensive retail and hospitality facilities, extending to 3,900m2 producing and selling artisan food products. The farmhouse will provide administrative and exhibition spaces. Externally the extensive gardens will feature a sculpture garden, playground, performance space and a spectacular maze with a viewing tower in the centre which overlooks the gardens and has panoramic views towards the mountains, sea and city.